If you are like me, a salad is not a salad without a good drizzle of Olive Oil and it’s so good on roast veggies too. But there is so much more that you can do with this delicious stuff outside of the kitchen.
- Forget about expensive bath oils and pop some Olive Oil into the bath. You only need about a tablespoon to get that lovely velvety feeling all over your skin when you are done with bathing.
- Use Olive Oil instead of shaving cream or soap – I kid you not, it works beautifully.
- Got hairballs? Well, not you, but your cat. Add a bit of Olive Oil to kitty’s food once a week to lubricate the digestive tract. It will also be good for her coat.
- Snoring – Olive oil is a homeopathic remedy for snoring. Two or three sips at bedtime apparently cut down on the vibrations in the throat that produce the annoying sound.
- Cough relief. Olive oil can reduce inflammation in the throat because it contains oleocanthal, which is anti-inflammatory. There are actually oleocanthal receptors in the back of the throat. Make your own cough syrup with two parts warmed olive oil to one part honey and one part lemon juice. Combine well and take a tablespoon every few hours.
- Ear ache – put a couple of drops of warmed (not hot) olive oil into the affected ear. Alternatively, you can crush a garlic clove and add it to ¼ cup of olive oil. Heat gently and briefly and leave it for an hour or so. Put a few drops onto cotton wool a pop it in the ear whilst lying down. This combo is soothing, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties.
The next blog: Olive Oil Granola with a twist