Instead of buying expensive mineral supplements, you can make your own sole. It is ridiculously easy. All you need is good quality natural salt crystals, pure water and a glass jar. As an electrolyte-rich brine, sole is probably one of the cheapest and most effective supplements you can take. More about sole here.
What you need:
- Natural salt crystals (Himalayan, Celtic or unrefined sea salt)
- Purified water or spring water
- Glass jar with plastic lid
What you do:
- Fill jar about 1/3 with salt.
- Add the water, but leave some space at the top of the jar, a few centimetres should do it.
- Put the lid on and shake the jar gently to mix.
- Leave covered to rest on the counter for about 24 hours.
- After this time if there is still some salt at the bottom of the jar, the sole is ready to use.
- If all the salt has disappeared, add a little more and leave to stand again.
- Repeat until at least a few salt crystals remain at the bottom of the jar, which indicates that the water is now completely saturated.
- Store sole in the covered jar at room temperature in your pantry or on the counter. It lasts indefinitely because salt is a natural anti-bacterial and anti-fungal substance.
How to take Sole:
Every day, first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, drink a glass of water with one teaspoon of the sole solution in it. If this tastes too strong, dilute it with more water or use more sole if it tastes too weak. Trust your taste buds.
Note: It is important that the sole does not come into contact with any metal because it de-ionizes the solution. Use a plastic, wooden or ceramic spoon to decant it.