Have you heard of the oil cleansing method, OCM for short? Before you throw up your hands in horror and move on, let me tell you this might just be the best thing you can ever do for your skin.
Got dry skin – clean it with oil. Got acne – clean it with oil. Got combination skin – clean it with oil.
Let me explain. Oil dissolves oil. And dirt, grease, make-up, pollution, dead skin cells, bacteria and whatever else might be lingering on your skin.
- Dry skin: 1 part Castor Oil to 9 parts *
- Normal skin: 2 parts Castor Oil to 8 parts *
- Oily skin: 3 parts Castor Oil to 7 parts *
The Castor Oil is the anti-inflammatory, deep cleansing and impurity-busting ingredient here but it is also drying, so don’t use more than the recommended amount.
- Have hot water and a face cloth ready (microfiber works a treat.)
- Warm a bit of oil in the palm of your hand.
- Massage it into face – this is the really important bit so don’t rush it.
- Wet the cloth in the hot water and hold it on your face until it cools.
- Rinse the cloth and then gently wipe off all the muck.
- Rinse and repeat a couple more times.
- Finally, use a couple of drops of oil as a moisturiser.
Your skin will now be thoroughly cleansed, refreshed and dewy soft. Do this at night on a regular basis but not every night. Use a clean cloth and hot water every other time. As your skin adjusts, you will have to change the recipe accordingly.
Try the OCM and let us know how it works for you.